Seohyun, Gong Min Ji and Nickhun set out as mentors for K-POP Star’s contestants


On Dec. 6, SNSD’s Seohyun, 2NE1’s Gong Min Ji and 2PM’s Nickhun set out to deliver know-how and advices to the contestants of K-POP Star, SBS’s new singing competition reality show.

Seohyun, who had an audition at the age of 12, expressed how she had felt at the time: “At the audition, I sung a children’s song. At the time, I felt both excited and nervous.”

She earnestly advised, “I think there is no special secret to get on the good side of jury judges. The most important thing is to set specific career goals. Based on the definite goals, it is meaningful to keep an open mind on advices of other people who want to deliver their know-how and tips. Such efforts and mind-set will open the way for you to make leaps forward.”

Nickhun said, “If I were one of the contestants, I would be desperate to get passed by BoA. If you want to captivate Park Jin Young’s heart, cock your eyes at him and keep in mind what he says.”

Gong Min Ji looked back on the moment when she first met Yang Hyun Suk, her agency’s president, by saying, “At the time, I was very young, so Yang tried not to offend my innocent mind by choosing soft, supportive words. I think he did me a special favor, treating me like his little daughter. Lack of confidence will definitely make you earn a black mark. Try to be confidence.”

K-POP Star’s the final winner will be granted the prize worth about 300 million won; a rare chance to release his/her own album in the global music market; and a deluxe car as an additional prize.

Leave a Reply